WalkScore.com – One of my favorite web sites for researching Seattle neighborhoods. Type in any address, zip code, or neighborhood from the main page and a google map will populate with all the nearby amenities. Coffee shops, gyms, parks, churches, libraries, grocery stores, you name it, and you can find it.
– My other site. For those of you that like statistics, here is all you can handle about Seattle neighborhoods, here you go. Broken down by zip code, here is all the demographic information you need a bout a given Seattle neighborhood.
– Ever wonder if a neighbrohood is in a slide area, how close it is to a heron refuge, or how it might fare in a quake? Well here you go. Zoom into any neighborhood and use the check boxes on the left of the screen to see what kind of environmental concerns might exist.
Seattle Neighborhood Map – How do you know what to look for if you don't know what neighborhood you are in? Neighborhood maps are a great place to start.
– Swim lessons for the kids or just to escape the summer heat? Here is a list of Seattle's public pools.
– When researching a home, it's good toknow if work has been permitted or if the work has been done as a weekend project by the previous owner. From this page you can look up an address and find out what permits were pulled for any home.
King County Parcel Viewer– Ever wonder if that fence is on your side of the property or the neighbors? This isn't a perfect tool, but it does provide and overview of any parecel to show where the county believes the lot lines run.
Events and Attractions
– What's going on this weekend? Find out all there is going on this week.
Woodland Park Zoo– Not all transplants realize we have a zoo right in the center of the city. Check out what is going on at the zoo.
Seattle Center – Home of the famous Space Needle, Key Arena, Pacific Science Center, Experience Music Project and more. Find out what's going on at Seattle's famous cultural hub.
– Fish, Squid, octopi, jellyfish, and more. Set on Seattle's waterfront, the aquarium is a must see.
Pike Place Market
– One of my favorite places in Seattle. Watch fish throwing, purchase from local mercants and sample a great micro brew, all while enjoying fantastic views.
Seattle Neighborhood Blogs
WSDOT – Seattle is almost as famous for its traffic as it is for it's coffee. Check out current traffic conditions, WSDOT cameras and expected closures.
King County Metro – Find a bus route, plan a trip on KC Metro, download an app to make it all easier, check out fares and schedules.